National Cupcake Day
Cupcakes hit the scene in 1796 resemblance to English Fairy Cakes but in 1828 cupcakes became official which written reference to the cupcake appears in Eliza Leslie’s “Seventy-Five Recipes for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats”. Hostess starts mass-producing its first snack cake in 1919. In 1950 Winston Churchill was the first person to suggest cupcakes should be frosted. Make your cupcakes plain or adorn them with edible embellishments. So, remember December 15th is a national cupcake day.
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
For the cupcake
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup sour cream
¾ cup heavy cream
1 box of chocolate cake mix
¼ cup cocoa powder
For the frosting
2 cups butter; cold and cut into chunks
10 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Pinch of salt
Additional Items you will need
Green food coloring
1M piping tip
Golden star sprinkles
How to make the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 325. Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix together, either by hand or in a stand mixer, the oil, vanilla, sour cream, heavy cream, and eggs. Then mix in the boxed caked mix and cocoa powder.
- Scoop the batter into your cupcake liners, use ¼ measuring cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Make sure to bake all the cakes on the same oven rack so they bake evenly
- Let the cupcakes cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
How to make the frosting:
- In a stand mixer, whip your butter chunks on medium-high speed until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Once the powdered sugar becomes hard to incorporate add in the vanilla, heavy cream, and salt, allowing the ingredient to be incorporated fully.
- Add in green food coloring until you get the green you are looking for.
How to decorate cupcakes:
- Using your 1M piping tip and the green frosting frost your cupcakes. You want to build the frosting up while moving the bag and tip in a circular motion.
- Place a star at the top and then use other sprinkles to decorate the tree.
Tips: Add sprinkles immediately after you make the tree. If the frosting sets up the sprinkles will not stick. To make a darker green-colored frosting stir in a tiny bit of blue and black food coloring to the green frosting.
Also, learn about spring cleaning.
Check out another one of our many dessert recipes.
How To Organize A Messy Garage For Spring, How To Organize A Messy Garage For Spring, How To Organize A Messy Garage For Spring
Secondary Keywords: garage organization tips, garage organizing ideas, spring cleaning, home organization
We have other articles that might interest you. Or, simply scroll through over 50 articles on our blog page.
Maybe Spending time with the family,
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.